The Siren, Sibyl and Sage

Writings and inspirations through the eyes of a Siren, a Sibyl and a Sage.
Into my intuitive mind and through my words allow me to lift your Spirit with inspiration & insights...
Let the journey begin...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Picking up the Pieces

Life as a young woman is riddled with information on how to keep a man, stories are passed down from generation to generation about the cousin/aunt, who never married and everyone thought was a witch, with all the cats and knick knacks. At a very early age women know the ultimate goal, regardless of how much education you have, how pretty or skinny you are, the constant beauty rituals, where you come from, how money you make; the ultimate goal is finding someone who validate you are loved with a ring and a wedding.
WRONG, wrong, wrong. And that’s what I got, the wrong one repeatedly, stop, repeat. I could go on, but lots of friends, co-workers and friends of friends can tell the same story.  After the “He’s just not that into YOU”, “Two can Play that Game”, and” How to Lose a Guy in 10 days”, I knew with faith and intuition, one day love would reveal itself magically.
                The years it took for me to finally stop looking outside for my happiness was the day I realized it starts with you. Ever notice when you are happy, based on the needs of you that men flock, flirt and smile? It is that inside smile that attracts them and it’s not a game or part of “The Rules", but a genuine happiness that is centered in you. The YOU that is glowing from knowing you are special regardless of which box you check, declaring your marital status. Your Spirit sings peace and happiness and then BAM, you start meeting guys and all you’ve achieved goes down the drain the minute he changes his status on Facebook, you forget, you stumble and its back to picking up the pieces.
After years of watching this repeat pattern in my life and the lives of my woman friends, I knew it had to start with me and one day, my Spirit just opened and allowed me to begin loving me. Just. Let. GO. Breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment