The Siren, Sibyl and Sage

Writings and inspirations through the eyes of a Siren, a Sibyl and a Sage.
Into my intuitive mind and through my words allow me to lift your Spirit with inspiration & insights...
Let the journey begin...

Friday, February 11, 2011

Playing with Fire

This began as a prompt Writer's Digest(Feb.2011) a house on fire, a stepmother, true love and a diary.


She is standing there in the driveway, her gaze fixed  on the blaze. My mouth falls open as I get closer and see she is holding my diary. My diary is filled with my most private moments, where I have laid with my lover, my deepest secrets. My stepmother knows my secret, I can tell by the curl of her lip as I walk closer, she doesn't see me. Her viper tongue would hurl its venom at me. My lover, the gentle man, her husband, my adoptive stepfather, whom I fell in love with while I was away at college, blossoming into the woman that I am now. 


I knew he was my true love when I returned and realized the bond between us was not only in my dreams. He was 18 years older than me, my mother had wanted a child before she died of early onset breast cancer at 24,  they got me when 7 years old. I never saw him as a father because I took care of them.  He married her to try to hid his feelings about me, but she could have easily been my real mother, my older doppelganger.
Now she knew it all and burned down our love nest....







No comments:

Post a Comment